SHIN-NY Customer Usage and Satisfaction Survey
Attention participants: We need your feedback!
As has been done over the last couple years, the New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) has commissioned a Customer Satisfaction and Usage Survey, to be administered by NORC at the University of Chicago, an independent non-profit research organization.
HEALTHeLINK encourages all our participants to respond to this survey (you should have already received an invite). This survey asks about a participant’s use of HEALTHeLINK services in the delivery of care, as well as satisfaction with those services. Results from the survey will be used to improve the health information exchange services provided by HEALTHeLINK and the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY).
If you have further questions, please contact the NORC at the University of Chicago survey team at SHIN-NY@norc.org or call them at 800-975-2754. Any questions for HEALTHeLINK can be directed to Patti Burandt at email@example.com or by calling 716-206-0993 ext. 322.
Thank you for your continued participation!
SHIN-NY Customer Usage and Satisfaction Survey FAQs
- What is the SHIN-NY? New York State created the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY) to facilitate the electronic exchange of clinical records and connect health care professionals statewide. The SHIN-NY enables collaboration and coordination of care to improve patient outcomes, reduce unnecessary and avoidable tests and procedures, and lower costs. The SHIN-NY connects regional health information organizations across New York State. These organizations are referred to as Qualified Entities (QEs). QEs enroll participants within their community, including those from hospitals, clinics, FQHCs, home care agencies, payers, and ambulatory practices, among others, providing core services so they can access and exchange electronic health information with participants in their region.
- What is NYeC? The New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) is a non-profit organization, working in partnership with the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) to improve health care by collaboratively leading, connecting, and integrating health information exchange (HIE) services across the state. On behalf of New York State, NYeC leads the advancement of the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY), a network connecting health care professionals statewide. The SHIN-NY connects the state’s regional health information organizations, or Qualified Entities (QEs), which allow participating health care professionals, with appropriate patient consent, to quickly access electronic health information and securely exchange data with other participants in the state.
- What is NORC? NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that helps governments, nonprofits, and businesses make better decisions through data and analysis. NORC is administering the SHIN-NY Customer Usage and Satisfaction Survey on behalf of NYeC.
- Which QEs are part of the SHIN-NY? Bronx RHIO, HealtheConnections, HEALTHeLINK, Healthix, Hixny, and Rochester RHIO.
- What is the purpose of the survey? The purpose of the SHIN-NY Customer Usage and Satisfaction Survey is to assess your experiences using electronic health information exchange services for clinical data provided by HEALTHeLINK.
- How does the survey work? This is a web-based survey: those that are invited are sent an email with a survey link. NORC may contact some individuals by phone to remind them to complete the survey.
- How do you select who responds to the survey? This survey uses a sample, meaning that a small subset of all users will be scientifically selected and contacted to complete the survey. First, NORC contacts a subset of users that the QE considers to be the most appropriate point of contact given knowledge of QE services at your organization. Then, these users identify others at their organization that are aware of QE services and use them as part of their day-to-day work. To maintain confidentiality of respondents, HEALTHeLINK does not know who has been selected.
- How do I know if I have been selected to respond to the survey? If you have been selected to respond, you will have received an email from SHIN-NY@norc.org. You may need to check your spam/junk folders to confirm. If you are unsure if you have been selected, contact the Helpdesk at SHIN-NY@norc.org or call the toll-free number 800-975-2754.
- Who is sponsoring this survey? The SHIN-NY Customer Usage and Satisfaction Survey is commissioned by the New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).
- How will the data be used? What are you doing with this information? We are gathering this data on behalf of the New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC) to: 1) quantify consumer usage and experience with the core services provided by HEALTHeLINK, and 2) gain an overall understanding of consumer satisfaction with HEALTHeLINK.
- How did you get my information? There are two ways you could be selected to respond to the survey: (1) HEALTHeLINK has listed you as the most appropriate point of contact given your knowledge of HEALTHeLINK services used at your organization, or (2) someone at your organization has identified you as someone at the organization who is aware of HEALTHeLINK services and uses them as part of their day-to-day work. Please note that the survey is voluntary, but we hope that users will respond as the data help NYeC and QEs improve SHIN-NY services.